It’s vital that area homeowners understand that roof washing a Bradenton home is not a DIY job! Proper roof washing takes skill and knowhow, and the work is often more dangerous than many property owners realize. To ensure that you take proper care of every part of your home, including its roof, and understand the importance of calling Bradenton power washing contractors when needed, note why residential roof washing is not a DIY job and why it’s best to leave this work to the pros.
Roof Washing a Bradenton Home Takes Knowhow
Residential pressure washing takes a bit of skill and knowhow; there is much more to the job than just pointing a pressure wand at your home and firing away! Consider some of the knowhow offered by a Bradenton power washing contractor when it comes to residential roof washing:
- Applying too much pressure along the surface of roofing shingles can strip those tiles of their surface granules, resulting in standing water on the roof and resultant leaks and other water damage.
- Improper angling of a pressure wand can loosen roofing shingles and flashing, even blowing tiles right off the roof!
- Specialty solvents are often used to kill mold spores as well as algae, moss, and mildew. The wrong detergent might remove surface mold and other contaminants but chances are that these irritants will just grow back again soon after you power wash your roof!
- Traces of detergent and solvents left behind without proper rinsing will dry roofing tiles and shingles and may even create unsightly, discolored areas. A professional roof washing contractor might even schedule a roof wash for a certain time of day, to ensure they are working out of the way of hot, drying sunlight overhead.
- A Bradenton power washing contractor will know to clean roof corners, eaves, overhangs, and other areas of the roof that are easy to overlook or outright miss when pressure washing a home. A professional power washer will also know to avoid chimneys, roof vents, and other such openings!
- Roof washing often exposes areas of water damage and stains or discoloration that are beyond cleaning. A professional roof washing contractor will recognize this damage or other areas that need repair rather than more power washing.
- Bradenton area homes are often covered with layers of sand, silt, and other abrasive debris commonly found clinging to the outside of Florida homes. An experienced power washing contractor in Bradenton will ensure that all gritty residues as well as standard dirt and grime are removed from underneath roofing tiles and around the brick of chimneys, for a thorough clean.
Bradenton Roof Washing Is a Dangerous Job!
Along with some skill and knowhow, a professional Bradenton roof washing contractor will know how to keep themselves safe when on a home’s roof. Note that being on a roof is dangerous in any circumstance, but roof washing means a wet and slick surface that increases your risk of slipping and falling. A fall from even a single-story roof can be dangerous if not downright deadly.
Power washing a Bradenton roof also adds to this danger, as the pressure from a power washing wand can be difficult to manage for someone unaccustomed to roof washing. It’s easy to get knocked off your feet by that pressure, and especially when aiming the wand at a chimney or other obstacle! A homeowner can also become distracted with washing the roof so that they forget to note their surroundings, tripping over loose tiles or flashing or bumping into a chimney or roof vent, causing a fall or injury.
A professional roof washing company in Bradenton trains its employees on proper safety procedures to follow when on a roof, also employing the use of harnesses and other devices to keep their workers secure. A roof washing contractor will also know the right shoes to wear for proper grip and be familiar with the pressure created by a strong power washer so that they’re less likely to be thrown off balance and suffer a fall or other injury.
Why a Bradenton Area Home Needs Roof Washing
If you’re hesitant to invest in the services of a professional power washing contractor, you might note some advantages to regular roof washing of a Bradenton area home, so you know you’re making the right decisions when it comes to caring for your home properly:
- Roof washing a Bradenton home improves its curb appeal in an instant! You might not even realize how dirty and discolored your roof is until you invest in professional roof washing.
- Sand, silt, and other abrasive debris scratch and etch roofing shingles and tiles, while soot, acid rain residues, and other grime on a roof tend to dry out tiles, weakening them and leading to breakage. Regular roof washing removes all that residue and protects a roof from damage.
- Revealing areas of damage on a home’s roof allows you to have that roof repaired or replaced as needed, to avoid interior water leaks and ensure your home is insulated properly.
- Removing mold, algae, moss, and mildew creates a cleaner environment outside your home, so that you can enjoy your back deck or patio without bothersome irritants or unpleasant odors.
- Gutter cleaning, often performed along with roof washing, removes caked-on dirt, mud, sand, silt, and other debris that clogs gutters, protecting the home from water damage along its exterior walls and foundation.
- Mold, moss, and mildew grow between roofing tiles and shingles, loosening them and causing damage, while algae feeds off the materials used to create shingles. Without regular roof washing, these contaminants will continue to grow and spread and cause further damage to a home’s roof, and especially in Florida and other tropical areas with lots of humidity in the air.
To ensure your home’s roof is always clean and in good condition, rely on expert roof washing contractors in Bradenton. Consistent, professional power washing of a Bradenton area roof, along with regular house washing, gutter cleaning, window washing, and exterior concrete cleaning keeps your entire property looking its best while also protecting it from water damage and damage caused by mold, mildew, moss, and algae, and other grit and grime.